SwissSidechain is a structural and molecular mechanics database of hundreds of
non-natural amino-acid sidechains that can be used to study,
model or visualize non-natural amino acids and to study in silico their insertion into natural
peptides or proteins.
- Database of 230 natural and non-natural amino-acid sidechains (both D and L) with several browsing
options (by families, physico-chemical properties, alphabetical order)
- Molecular dynamics simulation with non-natural sidechains in GROMACS and CHARMM for analysis of
predicted rotamers as well as topologies and parameters
- 2 visualization plugins (PyMOL and UCSF Chimera module) allowing to:
- mutate any residue of a PDB structure into one of the non-natural L- or D-sidechains of the
- insert them into existing peptide or protein structures
- Automatic (Mac, Linux) or manual (Windows, Ma, Linux) installation of the plugins
SwissSidechain: a molecular and structural database of non-natural sidechains.
Gfeller D, Michielin O, Zoete V, Nucleic Acids Research, 41, D327-D332 (2013) (PDF) (Supp.).
is developed and copyrighted by SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and its
exclusive commercial representative GeneBio.
Access is free for non-commercial use. Access by commercial entities is subject to the licensing conditions outlined in the GeneBio License
Please contact us for further details.