Swiss-2DPage is an annotated two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2-D
PAGE) and SDS-PAGE database.
- Protein entries contains textual data, including:
- mapping procedures
- physiological and pathological information
- experimental data (isoelectric point, molecular weight, amino acid composition, peptide
- bibliographical references
- SWISS-2DPAGE provides several 2D-PAGE and SDS-PAGE images, showing the experimentally determined
location of the protein, as well as a theoretical region computed from the sequence protein,
indicating where the protein might be found in the gel.
- Hoogland C., Mostaguir K., Sanchez J.-C., Hochstrasser D.F., Appel R.D. SWISS-2DPAGE, ten years
later. Proteomics 2004, 4(8), 2352-2356. (PDF)
- Hoogland C., Sanchez J.-C., Tonella L., Binz P.-A., Bairoch A., Hochstrasser D.F., Appel R.D. The
1999 SWISS-2DPAGE database update. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000, 28, 286-288 (PDF)
- Hoogland C., Sanchez J.-C., Tonella L., Bairoch A., Hochstrasser D.F., Appel R.D. The SWISS-2DPAGE
database: what has changed during the last year. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999, 27, 289-291. (PDF)
- Hoogland C., Sanchez J.-C., Tonella L., Bairoch A., Hochstrasser D.F., Appel R.D. Current status of
the SWISS-2DPAGE database. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998, 26, 332-333. (PDF)
is developed and copyrighted by SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and its
exclusive commercial representative GeneBio.
Access is free for non-commercial use. Access by commercial entities is subject to the licensing conditions outlined in the GeneBio License
Please contact us for further details.